Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The best part of my day

I admit it - many days I think that my workout is the best part of my day. Really really, though, I just can't beat the moment on the days when I pull into the driveway and my kids are outside playing. Maybe it's nostalgia, maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's just the mom-satisfaction of seeing your kids playing together, but there's no doubt that I love seeing them out in the sun, having a great time. 

It struck me today when I saw what they were doing that the essence of play is timeless. My brother, sister and I spent hours playing Hot Wheels outside, making cities in the flower beds; imagining danger and intrigue; providing thrills and excitement for the objects of our play. 


Caroline and John added the element of sidewalk chalk to take it up a notch. The robot spider is clearly a villain to be reckoned with. 

 

I may be missing my chance to develop the next Major League ace or diva for the Metropolitan Opera, but that's okay. I think my kids are having a good time, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment