Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's a brave new world

Conventional wisdom has long held that a generation is thirty years, give or take. I respectfully submit that thanks to the astonishing technological leaps of the last thirty years, a generation now is about five years, or however big the gap is between you and your knowledge of the latest cool gadgetry or available technology.

And just by saying those words, I am clearly not with it. Not hip.


I just spent 45 minutes on a Google Hangout with some West Point classmates, starting our planning for our 20 year reunion. My mind is totally blown. I can remember as a kid thinking, video phone calls, how cool would that be! Well, Larry Page has officially outdone Steve Jobs, if you ask me. 

I wonder what the equivalent of asking my kids to set the time because the clock on the VCR is flashing will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment