Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Feature: John's artwork

One of the highlights of each evening when I get home from work is looking through the kids' schoolwork from that day or week. I hope to use Friday blog entries as a way to share something that I really enjoyed from that week.

There were only two school days this week, so most of what came home was the detritus of Christmas past. In John's case, though, his writing journal came home. I'm not entirely clear on why, as it was still half empty, but hey - that means he now has an awesome art pad to use at home.

The half that was full, though, was priceless. One sentence with a corresponding illustration done in the bold crayon strokes of a kindergarten artist. I picked this one to share because 1) the sentence is readable to someone other than John's parent and 2) I happen to adore the butterflies in the picture. The very first recognizable picture John ever drew was a butterfly, and he still draws them essentially the same way.

So without further ado, the first Friday Feature, hopefully with 51 more to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment