Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday morning little moment

For the first time in weeks, it's an overcast, comfortable morning here in northwest Arkansas. We're home from church, I put my coffee on to brew, and Justin is cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast. I'm in one of my favorite places, sitting on the back patio with a breeze gently playing the wind chimes, catching up on Words With Friends before I dive into a new book.

The solitude never lasts long. And that's okay. This morning, John popped out on the patio with this:

 

"Look Mommy. It's called the Speeder Car. It has tail fins and antennas so it looks really fast. I just wanted to show you and Daddy. Can I go watch a show now?"

And just like that, he was gone. Back inside, a hundred miles an hour, happiest kid on earth. 

Back to the sounds of the birds, the wind chimes, and the neighbor's dog barking as the cars go by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment