Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer blooms

Despite the fact that we are now officially back in a drought here in Northwest Arkansas, I have a yard full of blooms thanks to the efforts of my husband and now my kids, too, in keeping everything watered.

So on this beautiful Monday morning with a whole summer week stretching in front of us, I just wanted to share a few splashes of color. My flowers make me smile; I hope they make you smile, too.









And then a couple of days ago, this bloomed in the back bed. I had forgotten I planted sunflowers, and when this sunny face opened up, I smiled up at heaven - not just for the sunshine and the flowers that bloom, but because the sunflower was my classmate Jaimie's favorite flower. So this summer, I'll have her memory with me here in my backyard, too.


1 comment: