Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Caroline's First Holy Communion

We are faithful parishioners at St. Joseph's Catholic Church here in Fayetteville, and the kids attend PRE all school year long on Sunday mornings. I even taught Caroline's first grade class last year, but not having grown up Catholic, I didn't feel comfortable teaching her second grade class this year since it's such an important year. This year she went through all of the classes to receive two sacraments: the sacrament of Penance, and this past Sunday, the sacrament of the Eucharist.

I'm sure sometimes people wonder whether children truly understand the fullness of their faith, but everything I've seen with Caroline - the questions she asks, the way she articulates the tenets of our faith, the interest she has in the Mass and her Sunday School lessons - tells me that she truly has the faith of a child. I'm so proud of her, and hope that she continues to live and grow in her love of Jesus Christ.

"Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” -- Matthew 19:14



Caroline and our wonderful parish priest, Fr. John Antony


No comments:

Post a Comment