Monday, October 28, 2013

Gratitudes

The closing speaker at the Women's Meeting I attended last week spoke about ways to achieve your goals. Her personal method was the CRAVE method:

C  lean out the clutter
R  aise your energy
A  ffirmations
V  isualize
E  xpress thanks


With the last idea, she specifically talked about cultivating an attitude of gratitude, and outlined simple ways to do so. One of her recommendations was to keep a gratitude journal. That really spoke to me - I don't know that I can devote the time to keeping a journal, but I can at least devote a blog post to all the wonderful things in my life for which I am so grateful. 

I am grateful for my husband's never ending, never failing, never faltering love and support. He has given up multiple professional opportunities to allow me to pursue my career that means so much to me. He doesn't tolerate my (some would say) excessive running and training; he encourages me and creates conditions at home to give me the time it takes to do those things. He is an amazing father to our children. He does infinitely more to make our house a home than I do. We have a good life, because he has worked hard to make it so. 

I am grateful for my children. They love me like nobody else on Earth does simply because I am their mother. Their one and only. They may not realize how grateful I am for their love, but I cannot imagine my life without it. 

I am grateful for my family. They've known me my whole life and love me, anyway. There are too many reasons to list why I'm grateful for each of them, so I'll list one that I come back to time and time again: I am grateful that my sister and my brother are also my friends. True, honest, can't wait to spend time with them friends. 

I am grateful that I'm back to running. I hope I don't ever take my health for granted again. Slow or fast, struggling or cruising, doesn't matter. I'm running, I'm grateful. 

I am grateful that I love my job. I spend a lot of time at work. My life would be so different if I didn't look forward to being in the office.

I am grateful that I am a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy. The opportunities I've been afforded; the people I've met; the places I've been; the person I've become all directly link back to those crucible four years.

I am grateful for so many things, honestly, the list could go on and on. So maybe this will become a regular(ish) thing on my blog. I certainly hope it becomes a regular thing in my daily life, telling people that I'm grateful for them and the way they touch me and my life.

How about you? What is your daily gratitude today?

No comments:

Post a Comment